Deer Damage Control Permits
- If you have filed a deer damage complaint, you may NOT kill deer until a Deer Damage Control Permit (DDCP) has been issued to you.
- All shooters MUST be listed on your DDCP and be approved prior to killing deer under the permit.
- If you had a DDCP in 2016 and wish to continue killing nuisance deer, you MUST file a complaint for 2017 and someone will contact you to schedule an investigation.
- All shooters must have a VALID Hunting License to be able to use the DDCP.
- All deer killed under a DDCP should be promptly checked-in online at the link provided on your permit.
- Your DDCP is ONLY valid during the dates listed on the permit.
- This year an investigation will be conducted for each deer damage complaint prior to issuing a DDCP.
- You may NOT kill more deer than the amount of tags issued on your permit. If you require more tags, call Jake Peer at Knox SWCD (740)-393-6724.
- You may NOT keep the antlers from any deer killed under a DDCP.
- If most of your deer damage is from deer rubs during the Fall and Winter, then you are encouraged to have legal hunters utilize the legal deer seasons to harvest deer.
If you are having deer damage and wish to file a complaint, please do so here http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/species-and-habitats/nuisance-wildlife